If you are interested in joining our Fairlie Primary School community and would like more information about how to enrol, please phone our office on 03 6858 504 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an enrolment pack.
All students who live within the home zone described below shall be eligible to enrol at the school.
From the intersection of Albury-Fairlie Road (SH8) and Brays Road
• North along Albury-Fairlie Road (SH8) to Opihi Gorge Road
• East along Opihi Gorge Road to the Opihi River
– Including Watts Road
• East across the Opihi River to Spur Road
• South-East along Spur Road to Middle Valley Road
• North along Middle Valley Road to Gudex Road
• North along Gudex Road to the Geraldine-Fairlie Highway (SH79)
-Including addresses on Geraldine-Fairlie Highway (SH79) between Gudex Road and the Opuha River
• West along the Geraldine-Fairlie Highway (SH79) to Mt Michael Road
-Including Pusey Road
• North along Mt Michael Road to Trentham Road
• North West along Trentham Road to the intersection with Clayton Road / Monument Road
-Including Opuha Dam Road
-Includes all addresses accessed via Clayton Road north of the Trentham Road / Clayton Road / Monument Road intersection
• South West along Monument Road to Stoneleigh Road
-Including Ashwick Flat Road
-Including all addresses on Stoneleigh Road
• South along Stoneleigh Road to Fairlie-Tekapo Road (SH8)
• West along Fairlie-Tekapo Road (SH8) to Rollesby Valley Road
-Including addresses on Rollesby Valley Road between Fairlie-Tekapo Road (SH8) and Mackenzie Pass Road / Waratah Road (including addresses on Rollesby Station Road, Single Hill Station Road and Bauchops Hill Road
-Also including Fairlie
-Tekapo Road (SH8) between Rollesby Valley Road and Haldon Road, including Haldon Road between Fairlie
-Tekapo Road (SH8) and the Mackenzie River
• From the Rollesby Valley Road / Fairlie-Tekapo Road (SH8) intersection
• East (across country) to the western end of School Road, then
• South (across country) to the western end of McLeans Road
• East along McLeans Road to Albury-Fairlie Road (SH8)
• South along Albury-Fairlie Road (SH8) to Brays Road
-Including O’Neills Road
-Including Brays Road
-Fairlie Road (SH8) between Brays Road and Cricklewood Road
Addresses on both sides of boundary roads are considered in-zone unless specified otherwise.
How the process works:
Each year the Fairlie Primary School Board will determine the number of places which are likely to be available in the following year for the enrolment of students who live outside the home zone. The Board will publish this information by notice in a community newspaper circulating in the area served by the school. The notice will indicate how applications are to be made and will specify a date by which all applications must be received.
Applications for enrolments will be processed in the following order of priority:
- First priority must be given to applicants who are siblings of current students
- Second priority must be given to applicants who are siblings of former students
- Third priority must be given to any applicant who is a child of a former student of the school.
- Fourth priority must be given to any applicant who is either a child of an employee of the board of the school or a child of a member of the board of the school
- Fifth priority must be given to all other applicants.
If there are more applicants in the second, third, fourth or fifth priority groups than there are places available, selection within the priority group will be by ballot conducted in accordance with instructions by the Secretary, under Section 11G (1) on the Education Act 1989. Parents will be made aware of the date of any ballot by notice in a daily or community newspaper circulating in the area served by the school.
Applicants seeking first or second priority status may be required to give proof of a sibling relationship.