Enviroschools is an area of importance for Fairlie Primary School.
For children and young people Enviroschools can be a lifelong journey from early childhood, primary, intermediate, secondary and beyond.
We support long-term participation; lasting changes can take many years to become embedded but every step is a change in itself.
Every Enviroschool follows a unique journey that:
- Develops from small beginnings and gathers strength and breadth along the way
- Empowers tamariki and students
- Builds sustainable communities
- Integrates into the curriculum; both Te Whāriki and the New Zealand Curriculum
- Is grounded in Māori Perspectives
- Embraces cultural diversity
- Engages in the physical, social, cultural and political aspects of the environment
- Builds towards being a whole-school/ centre approach.
At the end of 2019 Fairlie Primary School was awarded the Enviroschool Bronze Award.